Introducing Nancy Roberts, an engaging and entertaining speaker.
Nancy is able to do what many speakers don’t – bring fun and energy to serious topics and subjects. Her talks are filled with personal stories, practical solutions and step-by-step approaches that are immediately applicable to her audiences.
Words participants in her sessions use to describe Nancy the most are authentic, humorous and profound.
Nancy Roberts is Available to Present:
- Keynote Addresses
- Conference Breakout Sessions
- Full and Half Day Education Seminars
People Are NOT Your Number One Asset
Only the RIGHT people are an asset. In fact, the wrong people can be a serious liability.
“Success comes from getting the right people on the bus and the right people in the right seats,” wrote Jim Collins in “Good to Great.” This sounds simple but as we know is not always easy. So how do we find, hire and keep the “right” people?
In this ground-breaking session, participants will learn:
- Discover how to reduce the number of “wrong” job applicants just by rewriting your job ad
- Know who you are hiring BEFORE you hire them
- When turnover isn’t a problem – “this” usually is and is much more costly to your organization
- How to keep the reliable, productive people once you’ve hired them!
Engage Employees Without Breaking The Bank
While it’s fair to say that there are some things that every employee wants (fair pay, a supportive boss, etc.) there are some specific drivers to employee performance that most engagement initiatives miss. This talk will cover:
- What employees are really motivated by (there are 6 driving passions behind performance that most people aren’t even aware of)
- How to get the JOB to motivate people – so your managers don’t have to
- The four most de-motivating words a manager can say to an employee
- The biggest challenge for HR professionals in building a culture of engagement – and what to do about it
- How engagement begins before an employee is even recruited or hired
STOP The Workplace Drama
In most workplaces, a good deal of time and effort gets wasted on people second-guessing, complaining and gossiping about each other to third parties.
The problem is drama can make for a very tense environment where it is difficult to do our best work. If you’ve ever dreaded Sunday nights… you’re going to love this presentation.
In this presentation, participants will discover:
- The #1 secret to dealing with the drama in our workplaces
- The 4 types of Drama-makers and how to combat them
- The biggest mistake you can make when dealing with emotional situations
- The one “mantra” ALL happy, productive and successful people live by that separates them from the rest
Speaker | Author | Consultant
James Bloomfield, Event Coordinator, Catholic Charities, New York
Jonna L. Martin President, Greater Rochester NAWBO
Ann Marie Walker, www.rochesterworks.org
Dorothy J. Madden, IT
Rachel MacDonald, HR Manager, Qualitrol Corp., Seattle, WA
Professor Robert Whipple, Syracuse University
Read Nancy’s latest blog entries on her website, discwizardonline.com.